The University of Hinthada Library has as mission to
– Enable student to acquire information which supports pursuing the academic goals, research and knowledge.
– Enhance professional growth of the faculties by supporting teaching and scholarship endeavors.
– Provide professional intermediaries between users and information sources:
– Provide high quality information services based on the needs of library users.
Using The Library
The University of Hinthada Library is open from Monday to Friday.
– June to September and December to March Monday to Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm.
– October to November and April to May 7:00 am to 4:30 pm.
– Circulation Counter I (Social Science) and Circulation Counter II – Level I and Level II
– Computer Section – Level I
– Reading Room Areas – Level I and Level II
– New Arrival Display area – Level I
– English Processing Section – Level II and Myanmar Processing Section Level I
– Periodical Section – Level I
– Discussion Room and Training Room – Level II
University of Hinthada faculty, students and staff are entitled to membership of the University of Hinthada Library new members will need to register at the University of Library Counter on ground level by completing a registration form. The following documentation is also required.
- Student / Staff id card
- Two passport photo
- Proof of payment of university enrolment fees (students only)
Type of Members
Type of Users (Rules and Regulation)
Teachers / Academic staff
Faculty members of University of Hinthada
Students of University of Hinthada
Office staff of University of Hinthada
Library users who have not registered as members can access the library and look at books available, but cannot borrow any books.
Once registered, members will be given book borrowing cards. Each card enables borrowing one book at one time. The numbers of cards provided and the loan period attached to each card is set out in the following table.
Number of cards gives (Myanmar books / English books)
Maximum loan period
The Library Catalogue
The library maintains a traditional card catalogue, as well as an online catalogue.
- The traditional card catalogue is available on the ground flow for reference books.
- The HU library online catalogue can be consulted from the computers located in the circulations desks, as well as remotely via the University of Hinthada Website. The catalogue lists books and these available for borrowing from the library.
Description / Meaning
Computer Science, information & general weeks
Philosophy & Psychology
Natural Science & Mathematics
Technology (Applied Science)
Arts and Recreation
Literature & Rhetoric
Geography & History